Taking care of your skin involves using the right type of product. When you moisturize your skin, the components of the product penetrate the skin and enter your bloodstream.
Therefore, while selecting a skincare product make sure that it does not contain any harmful substance. The easiest way to protect your health while taking care of your skin is to use a natural product.
Coconut oil body butter is one such skincare product you can easily make at home. Coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer. It is rich in fatty acids that nourish the skin and keep it hydrated. It is a cheaper and superior alternative to expensive creams.
Here are some simple coconut oil body butter recipes for maintaining healthy younger-looking skin.
1. Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter:
This is the basic whipped coconut oil body butter recipe. Vitamin E in the body butter protects the skin from free radicals and delays the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- One cup coconut oil
- One teaspoon vitamin E oil
- Few drops of essential oil for fragrance
- To make body butter you will need solid coconut oil.
- If needed, refrigerate the oil until it becomes solid.
- In a bowl, add the solidified coconut oil, vitamin E oil,
- And the essential oil and whisk at high speed until the mixture becomes smooth and fluffy.
- Store the coconut oil butter in a glass jar.
2. Coconut Oil And Beeswax Body Butter:
Beeswax gives the product a butter-like consistency. Baby oil and glycerin further enhance the effectiveness of the body butter. They keep the skin soft and younger-looking.
- 250ml coconut oil
- 250ml beeswax
- 150ml baby oil
- 343ml glycerin
- Use a double boiler to melt and combine the beeswax and coconut oil.
- Add the baby oil and glycerin and stir until the ingredients have mixed well and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.
- You may refrigerate the mixture for faster cooling.
- When the mixture begins to solidify, whip with a hand blender until fluffy.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about 10 to 15 minutes and then transfer the body butter to a clean and dry jar.
3. Coconut Oil And Vanilla Body Butter:
Vanilla soothes the skin. It is a source of antioxidants that help in fighting skin aging. Sweet almond oil in the recipe nourishes the skin.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup sweet almond oil
- One cup cocoa butter
- One vanilla bean pod
- Put the coconut oil and cocoa butter in the inner pan of a double boiler.
- Stir until the cocoa butter melts and mixes with the coconut oil.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
- Use a food processor or coffee grinder to grind the vanilla bean.
- Add the ground vanilla bean to the coconut oil and cocoa butter mixture.
- Add the almond oil and mix them well. Refrigerate the mixture until it partially solidifies. Whip the mixture until it attains butter-like consistency.
- Store the body butter in a clean and dry jar.
- 7 Simple Ways To Get Rid Of Redness On Face Naturally
- 7 DIY Peel Off Face Masks For Whiteheads
- 9 Amazing Benefits Of Watermelon
4. Lemony Coconut Oil Body Butter:
Lemon essential oil helps in lightening the complexion. Its antioxidant effect helps in reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
Six tablespoons of coconut oil
¼ cup cacao butter
One teaspoon lemon essential oil
- Melt the cacao butter and mix it with the coconut oil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon essential oil.
- Cool the mixture until it solidifies.
- Whip the mixture with an electric blender until fluffy. Your lemon-scented body butter is now ready for use.
5. Calendula Whipped Coconut Body Butter:
Calendula soothes the skin. The antioxidant property of the flowers helps in inhibiting free radical-induced skin damage. The skin stays soft and nourished by applying this body butter.
½ cup coconut oil
¼ cup dried calendula flowers
¼ cup shea butter
Few drops of essential oil of your choice (optional)
- Put the coconut oil and calendula flowers in the inner pan of a double boiler.
- Simmer for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the pan from the heat and strain the oil.
- Use the double boiler to melt the shea butter
- Mix it with the calendula-infused coconut oil.
- Refrigerate the mixture until it starts solidifying.
- With a hand, the mixe whips the mixture until fluffy.
- Add the essential oil and whisk for a few seconds.