What Can Coconut Oil Do for Your Skin?
In the past, coconut oil has gotten a bad reputation But the fact of the matter is that coconut oil has one of the richest sources of saturated fat, with about 90% of its calories in saturated fat. It also has a plentiful amount of uses for your skin, all of which will help to preserve the glow of your natural skin
Why You Should Use Coconut Oil on Your Skin Instead of Lotion
Those other commercial moisturizers make you feel as though your skin is nourished because of the water, but as soon as that water dries, your skin becomes dry and dehydrated. Many of these moisturizers contain petroleum-based ingredients that will, in the long run, suffocate your skin.
However, coconut oil can provide you with a deeper cleansing for your skin. It will help to strengthen your primary tissues. It can also remove any excess dead cells on the skin's surface which can make your skin appear rough and scaly.
Coconut oil can solve plenty of skin issues. It can soothe bug bites, help with any rashes, get rid of flaky skin, easily remove any eye makeup, soften wrinkles, protect you from sun damage, and it can keep your tan in place for longer.
Lastly, it can heal skin faster. This is because coconut oil has medium chain fatty acids. It will quickly absorb into the skin where it will then be used for nutrition and energy. This process provides your skin with all the energy that it will need to heal and maintain itself.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil has been proven to have antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- It can help cure your acne; it kills the bacteria causing the blemishes in the skin.
- Coconut oil can be applied as a deodorant and can be used to remove any body odor.
- Mixed with a few drops of bergamot essential oil, coconut oil can help to heal chapped lips and cold sores.
- Coconut oil is natural - there are no chemicals in it.
- The Vitamin E found in coconut oil is known to help soothe psoriasis and eczema.
- There are three fatty acids found in coconut oil: capric acid, lauric acid, and caprylic acid. All three of these acids can kill candida, which is a common cause of fungal infections in the skin.
- Coconut oil can be used as a cloth diaper cream. It can be used as a barrier to help prevent diaper rash.
- Coconut oil helps lighten age spots.
- It helps prevent stretch marks when pregnant.
- When used consistently on skin, it can get rid of cellulite.
- It can help to improve the itch of chicken pox and poison ivy.
- Coconut oil, when placed on cuticles, can help nails to grow.
For Best Results
For your face, apply as you would with any other moisturizer. Only use a small amount; use about twice a week. Wipe off after two minutes. If irritation occurs, stop use. If no irritation occurs, start applying all over body and leave overnight. While it does have a greasy consistency, it’s great at absorbing rapidly into your skin.
Has coconut oil worked for you? If so, what are your favorite uses for coconut oil?
[amazon_link asins='B00D8WKWBY,B003NQESIS,B017KJ3PKA,B019MV99XG,B00ZX1PO5M,B00M7119XC,B00J4XYN1Q,B00GMBZU5G,B016V59PMQ,B006M1AQDM,B00CBRJ34E,B00CBRJAZ6,B0128QFRD8,B00CBRHUEO' template='ProductAd' store='offersvalle0d-21' marketplace='IN' link_id='4f401e4f-0e1a-11e7-a1e0-0745a209ead5']