Varicose veins are abnormally enlarged veins that appear close to the skin's surface today we will share some remedy to remove varicose veins on legs
They occur usually in the calves and thighs and is the result of malfunctioning valves inside the veins as prolonged pressure or obstruction of the veins
Varicose veins can develop in people from standing or sitting for long periods of time, poor exercise, pregnancy, excessive weight, prolonged constipation, people who habitually sit with their legs crossed. Also heavy lifting put increased pressure on legs increasing the likelihood of developing varicose veins. Heart failure, liver disease, and abdominal tumors can contribute in the formation of varicose veins. Heredity is also a factor for many individuals. A deficiency of Vitamin C and bioflavonoids can weaken the collagen structure in the vein walls, which can lead to varicose veins.
Varicose veins are very common and affect approximately 10% of the population. More women than men are affected. In some cases, if varicose veins are not treated properly, some complications can emerge. The characteristics more common are: swelling, restlessness, leg sores, itching, leg cramps, feeling of heaviness in the legs and fatigue.
Causes of Varicose Veins
The exact causes of varicose veins are still not clear, but it is believed that increased pressure on the veins could cause them to enlarge and bulge. Weakness or the absence of valves in the veins could also lead to poor circulation and subsequently the development of varicose veins. Some of the common causes of varicose veins include:
- · Weakness in the walls of the veins
- · Formation of blood clots in the veins, which obstruct the flow of blood
- · Genetics and heredity factors
- · Obesity or being overweight significantly increase the amount of pressure exerted on the veins
- · Congenital abnormalities in the veins
- · Spending a long period of time in one position, which restricts the flow of blood
- · Pregnancy is also regarded as one of the causes of varicose veins, due to the increase in weight, which translates to an increase in pressure on the veins in the legs and feet.
· Men, on the other hand, are more likely to suffer from testicular varicose veins, which is one of the leading causes of male infertility. One of the main testicular varicose veins causes is the dilation of blood vessels in the scrotum. This is the result of a valve failure in the veins.
Home Remedies varicose veins
1. Eat a balanced diet that includes plenty of fish and fresh fruits and vegetables. The diet also has to be low in fat and carbohydrates.
2. Eat as many blackberries and cherries as you can. They help to prevent varicose veins, and if you have them they may ease the symptoms.
3. Including ginger, onions, garlic, and pineapple in your diet is beneficial.
4. Your diet has to be high in fiber to prevent constipation and keep the bowels clean.
5. Avoid as much as possible sugar, ice cream, fried foods, peanuts, junk foods, cheeses, tobacco, salt, alcohol, animal protein, and processed and refined foods.
6. Do a daily routine of exercise. Walking, swimming and bicycling all promote good circulation. It is very important that in complement maintain a healthy weight.
7. Do not wear tight clothes because they restrict blood flow.
8. At least once a day elevate your legs above the heart level for 20' to alleviate symptoms.
9. Avoid standing or sitting for long periods of time, crossing your legs doing the heavy lifting and putting any unnecessary pressure on your legs.
10. If you at work are sitting on a desk all day, make sure you take breaks to walk around. you can also flex your muscles and wiggle your toes to increase blood flow. If it is possible to try to rest your feet on an object that is elevated from the floor when seated.
11. If you at work have to stand for long period of time, shift your weight between your feet, stand on your toes, or take breaks to walk around to alleviate pressure.
12. Elevate your feet at all moment at home while watching TV or sitting down to read.
13. To ease pain and stimulate circulation, fill a tub with cold water and simulate walking.
14. Avoid scratching the itchy skin above varicose veins. This can cause ulceration and bleeding.
15. After bathing apply Castor oil over the varicose veins affected and massage into your legs from the feet.
Author: Dr. Izharul Hasan
Also Read How-to-get-rid-of-gout-pain-fast