Why Do Some Kids Wet the Bed?
Enuresis runs in families. This means that in case you urinate, or urine, while you are asleep, there is a good probability that a near relative also did it if he or she was a child. Just like you may have inherited your mother’s blue eyes or your uncle’s long legs, then you probably inherited bedwetting too.
The most important point to remember is that no one wets the bed on purpose. It’s something that you can’t help doing. For some reason, kids who wet the bed can’t feel that their bladders are full and do not wake up to pee in the restroom. Sometimes a child who wets the bed is going to have a realistic dream he or she’s at the bathroom peeing — just to wake up later and discover that the mattress is wet.
Many kids who wet the bed are extremely heavy sleepers. Do your parents complain that it is hard to wake you up? Trying to wake up somebody who wets the bed can be hard — the person just remains asleep.
Some children who wet the bed do it every single night. Others wet several nights and are dry others. A whole lot of kids say they seem to be drier when they sleep at a friend’s or a relative’s home. That’s because children that are anxious about wetting the bed may not sleep or just very lightly. Hence that the brain may be thinking,”Hey, you! This can help you stay dry even when you’re unaware of it.
SYMPTOMS—A child continues to wet the bed
CAUSES of bedwetting
Bedwetters tend to have a small bladder capacity
Food allergies in the children are responsible for many cases
Constipation may at times be involved, by pressing on the bladder Some children, especially older ones, continue to wet the bed because of tensions they live under in the home or at school.
TREATMENT HOME REMEDIES
Consider all the above factors.
- Do not praise and do not punish.
- The child does not do it on purpose, and he is sorry. Just change the bed and do not say a word. —But keep working on possible solutions listed here.
- No child wants to do it.
- The child should be encouraged to have vigorous outdoor exercise. (It is known that bed wetters wet less during the summer months, and some who have stopped may return to it in the winter.)
- In children over 10, limit the amount of fluid intake after 5 p.m., until several months after bed-wetting ceases.
- Bed-wetting alarms can be purchased. They often wake up everyone at night but are often supposed to accomplish the task within 60 days.
- Victory is said to come with 21 days of consecutive dry nights.
What Else Should I Know?
If you wet the bed, then there are some things you can do to remain dry. Do your best not to drink anything after dinner and keep in mind to visit the toilet before going to bed. If you do wet the bed, then help with the cleanup by yanking the sheets and placing them in the laundry.
A Good Deal of doctors Believe that the best remedy for enuresis is an app that retraining your mind to perform one of two things:
- Wake up you so you can go to the toilet
- Stay asleep and take action till morning.
This system involves doing liver exercises, like waiting a little longer to urine during the day, reading around and imagining staying dry, or even using a very small alert. The alarm is connected to a pad positioned in your panties during the night. If you start to inhale, the mat senses the moisture and sets the alarm off. Different alarms make a loud noise, vibrate, or do both, but they’re all simple to use and can help wake even the deepest sleeper.