Arthritis, Gout and Joint Pain One of the most painful health conditions having far-reaching consequences on one’s lifestyle, arthritis, affects a large number of people across the world. Its symptoms include inflammation of joints, limited or reduced flexibility and acute pain which is also known as arthralgia. It is also accompanied by redness, stiffening and sometimes a feeling of heat in the affected area. Arthritis is known to have almost a hundred different variations.
However, the most commonly occurring ones are Rheumatoid Arthritis, OsteoArthritis, and Gout. When you have arthritis, the damage is caused to a lesser or greater degree to the joints
and mostly occurs in the hands, arms, and legs. The inflammation in one or more of the joints results in pain, swelling.
Causes of arthritis
- Hormonal imbalance
- Emotional stress
- Structural changes in the articular cartilage of any joint
- Physical exertion, Severe fright, Shock, Obesity, Aging, Previous physical injuries
- Occupational hazards, such as those experienced by the assembly, line workers and
- heavy construction
- High-level sports
Foods to Avoid
Beans, Biscuits, Cakes, Chocolate, Coffee, Dairy products, Fried foods, MeatPastry, Preservatives and additives, Tea, Tomatoes
Foods to Eat
Almonds, Apples, Asparagus, Avocado Banana, Beetroot, Blueberries, Brazil nuts, Broccoli, Button mushrooms, Cantaloupe, Carrots, Cauliflower, Mango, Onion Oranges, Papaya, Peach, Peas, Peppers Pineapple, Plums, Pumpkin seeds, Sardines, Sockeye salmon, Celery, Cherries, Collards, Ginger
Grapefruit, Grapes, Green vegetables, Herring, Kiwi Fruit, Linseeds, Squash, Strawberries, Sunflower seeds, Sweet corn, Sweet potato, Turmeric, Walnuts, Whole or cracked grains, Winter squashes
Natural treatment for rheumatoid arthritis pain and swelling
Home Remedies for Arthritis
- A gentle massage with olive oil will give a lot of relief.
- Take equal amounts of water and freshly extracted potato juice and drink it daily.
- Rub the aching joints with hot vinegar just before going to bed.
- Take 10 gms of camphor and put it in a glass bottle filled with 100 gms of mustard oil.
- Keep this bottle in the sun till the camphor dissolves.
- Apply this oil in the joints daily.
- A teaspoon of black sesame seeds, soaked in a quarter cup of water and kept overnight has been found to be effective in preventing frequent joint pains.
- The water in which the seeds are soaked should also be taken along with the seeds first thing
in the morning.
- Drinking water kept overnight in a copper container accumulates traces of copper, which is said to strengthen the muscular system.
- A copper ring or bracelet is worn for the same reason.
- Add one tablespoon of cod liver oil to the juice of one orange
- whip and drink before going to bed.
Joint inflammation brings on not just discomfort, but it also makes you use your joints in such a way that stresses various other frameworks in your body. It’s very important to preserve strength and adaptability and the only means to do that is to exercise. Alternatives include tai chi, yoga exercise, biking, swimming, and walking. Exercise has other perks for RA people, also. RA can weaken your bones, and energetic workouts can assist in keeping your bones healthy and strong. Physical activity helps with depression, which can afflict anybody dealing with a persistent illness such as Arthritis.
Individuals with rheumatoid arthritis could be relieved of their pain and discomfort by taking fish oil. Fish-oil pills may, in truth, be as effective for relieving swelling and pain as anti-inflammatory medications such as naproxen and ibuprofen. Those taking fish oil capsules for general health reasons should ingest a couple of capsules each day.
A 15-minute shower or hot bath could assist soothe muscles and stiff joints and also assist in loosening you up. You could likewise tlY applying warmth to an area with a hot pad, or chilling out with ice water or an ice bag. Rotating cold packs with hot ones could likewise provide highly effective comfort.
Magnets are commonly claimed to be a valuable alternative therapy for rheumatoid arthritis discomfort control. In people with hip and knees osteoarthritis, some initial studies have revealed that magnets improved joint pain much better compared to an inactive drug. It’s at this time uncertain if magnetics could additionally help those with rheumatoid arthritis.
Studies are being done on tai chi for the reduction of pain. Tai chi motions are gentle and graceful, making the practice safe for folks with arthritis. Tai chi could also assist to increase joint strength and mobility. Some folks think that tai chi has a spiritual part, due to the fact that it urges the thoughts to focus far away from pain.
Garlic is another effective remedy for arthritis. Garlic may be taken raw or cooked according to individual preference. Garlic is one of the best home remedies for gout. It removes the excessive uric acid from the body. Chew two to three pods of raw garlic. The natural smell of garlic is pungent and if you cannot bear the odor, you can also boil garlic pods in milk and water and drink it.
Turmeric is also helpful in treating gout. Make sure that your recipes include garlic, ginger, and turmeric.
Bananas, being a rich source of vitamin B6, have proved useful in the treatment of arthritis. A diet of only bananas for three or four days is advised in treating this condition. The patient may eat eight or nine bananas daily during this period and nothing
Dissolve half a teaspoon of baking soda in a quarter cup of water and drink this solution on an empty stomach. Ginger: Ginger alone is excellent to relieve joint pain. Take it as a tea or consume raw slices into your meals.