Acrylic nails are splendid and fashionable in appearance. They are an extension for natural nails. They are glued to the tips of the nails and then the acrylic coating is applied all over the nail. They can also be used on a full nail.
Crafting of Acrylic Nails:
To craft a piece of the acrylic nail a mixture of acrylic liquid and powder is applied to the nails and then the desired shape is given to the nails. Further, you can use your imaginations to make them more glamorous. You have no fear of damaging your natural nails, and you can freely make designs on them.
Once they start emerging out or become thick with too much polishing, you can take them off.
How To Remove Acrylic Nails At Home?
Once you have applied acrylic nails they usually start coming out after two weeks. It is the time when you may think how to remove acrylic nails at home. Here are some ways of removing them.
Soaking In Acetone:
- First of all, you have to clip the tips of your nails. You can do so by using a nail clipper. Acrylic nails become thick because of the applications on them, and you may find it difficult to cut them. Here you can use nail filer.
- Secondly, you have to remove the top coat of the nail by using fine grade buffer.
- Take acetone in a bowl and apply petroleum jelly to the skin for avoiding any damage to your skin.
- Dip cotton ball in the acetone and put it on your nail.
- Now use aluminum foil for wrapping them and wait for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cotton balls and the aluminum foil from your fingers and you will see the nails will come off.
- Use a nail buffer to remove the remaining acrylic.
- Dry your hands and apply moisturizing lotion or any oil.
Use of Cuticle Stick:
- Clip your nails with the help of a nail clipper and then file them with a nail buffer.
- Try to make the layer on your nail as thin as possible by filing away the acrylic.
- Now pry up the edge of the nail by using cuticle stick.
- After lifting the edge put cuticle scissor under the nail and start clipping away the acrylic.
- Keep lifting the acrylic and clipping it until acrylic is fully removed from our natural nail.
- Shape your nails and do not forget to apply moisturizer at the end.
Use Dental Floss:
This method cannot be done alone, and you need a person to help you.
- First of all, you will use a cuticle stick to pry up the edge.
- Now your partner will slide the dental floss under the edge of your nail by holding the ends of the dental floss in the same hand.
- It is the time to move the dental floss back and forth and pulling it gradually.
- The artificial nail will lose the grip and come out.
- Clean up your nail with a buffer and apply moisturizing lotion.Read more