Table of Contents
Top 10 home remedies for pimples
Acne on your skin not only looks ugly but can also hamper your self-confidence to some extent. It is one of the most common skin conditions in the world which affects every person at some point in their lives. If you wish to get clear skin, then it is important to follow a balanced diet, exercise regularly, and have lots of water. Taking care of your skin is also important. You must maintain a skincare routine that includes cleansing, moisturizing, and scrubbing as it helps to remove the dead skin cells of your skin and prevents acne. Conventional acne treatments can be expensive and have undesirable side effects like redness and irritation.
This has prompted the importance of natural remedies. Many people are now looking into how to cure acne naturally at home.
What causes acne?
Acne starts when the pores in your skin get clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Each pore is connected to a sebaceous gland, which produces an oily substance called sebum. Extra sebum can plug up pores, causing the growth of a bacteria known as Propionibacterium acnes. Your white blood cells attack P. acnes, leading to skin inflammation and acne. Many factors contribute to the development of acne, including genetics, diet, stress, hormone changes, and infections.
Common types of acne you should understand
There are many creams and gels that you can use for treating the condition of acne. Revitol acne cream is effective for treating mild and moderate acne with no harsh chemicals.
What to do if you have acne
Apple cider vinegar
- As apple cider vinegar has antibacterial properties, it helps to treat acne on your skin.
- Put one part of apple cider vinegar in two parts of water.
- Mix well and with the help of a cotton ball apply it to your acne-affected skin.
- Let it remain for a few minutes and then wash your face with water.
- This is beneficial to treat mild acne.
- It contains several organic acids that have been shown to kill Propionibacterium acnes.
- Avocado is rich in biotin, vitamin E, and healthy fats.
- It helps to prevent dirt that is accumulated in clogged pores.
- Make a mask of fresh avocado or you can use avocado paste.
- Apply it to the affected area and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Wash your face with water.
- apply this mask once every week for good results.
- Vitamin E present in avocado fights with the bacteria causing acne and fades the acne scars.
- The antioxidants present in its fight with free radicals damaging the skin cells.
Baking soda has antibacterial properties and it’s the most affordable home remedy for acne. Take two tablespoons of baking soda and add water to make a thick paste out of it. Apply this paste to your acne-affected area and keep it for about an hour. Once dry, wash your face with cold water. Baking soda not only helps to prevent acne but also clears up your skin pores. It helps to exfoliate your skin and dry out your acne, the apple cider vinegar helps maintain the pH balance, keeping the baking soda from making your skin too alkaline.
Natural honey has healing properties so it’s great to treat your moderate acne. You can simply apply honey to the acne-affected area and let it dry for some time. Honey can also be applied with cinnamon powder for effective results. Regular application will not only help in treating the condition of acne but also make your skin soft. Honey also can fight bacteria and reduce inflammation, which are two factors that trigger acne.
Aloe Vera gel has curative and healing properties. Aloe Vera also acts as an astringent for the skin.
- Apply natural Aloe Vera gel on your acne-affected skin and keep it for about an hour. Wash your face with Luke warm water.
- Repeat the process twice or thrice a week to treat your acne and prevent future breakouts.
- Aloe vera gel is also great for sensitive skin texture.
- Aloe vera is a tropical plant whose leaves produce a clear gel.
- Aloe vera also contains salicylic acid and sulfur, which are both used extensively in the treatment of acne.
- Egg white contains riboflavin and proteins. It is good for treating the condition of mild acne.
- Apply an egg white on your acne-affected skin and keep it for about half-hour.
- Then wash off your face with Luke warm water.
- Repeat this process two times a week for good results.
- Egg white also helps to tighten the pores of the skin.
- The best way to use egg whites in a face mask is to beat them into a meringue-like foam first.
Necessary Do’s / Don’ts for acne
Prone face Sometimes people do not realize, but many small things or regular habits are responsible for damaging looks. People usually do many small things daily without knowing it causes acne. However, few changes in daily practice can be helpful to prevent acne quickly.
Here are few things to DO / DO NOT regularly to get rid of acne faces and get an acne-free & clear face. “‘What to do:
- Wash your hair regularly:
- If you have oily skin, then your hair & scalp also be oily.
- When hair touches the face, it can raise risks for acne.
- Always clean your hair and pulling your hair back off your face.
- Always clean face gently: It’s crucial to keep your face clean.
- Whenever you clean your face always be gentle, do not be harsh.
- Remember always wash your face with a clean hand and gently damp dry your face with a clean face towel.
Wash your face after a workout
Always clean your face or take a shower after a workout cause the sweat & oil on the face after the workout can clog the pores and raise acne.
- It is better to be washing your face with Luke warm water after a workout.
- Use the right product:
- Always pick those products which are specially designed for acne-prone skin type.
Read the ingredients list before buying a product and choose those products, which are oil-free and suitable for your skin type. Change pillow cover regularly: Change your pillow cover at least once a week cause if your pillow cover is not clean, then it will transfer dirt and bacteria to your face, which is causing acne. One more thing, avoid using fabric softener because the softener agents are can be problematic for acne-prone skin.
Clean your makeup brushes:
Clean your makeup brushes every week if you use dirty makeup brushes then it will transfer old makeup and dirt to your face, which is responsible for causing acne and damages the skin. Clean your phone: Strange but true; the phone contains many bacteria that is why it is necessary to clean your phone at least twice a week. Try not to touch the phone with your face while talking; otherwise, it will transfer dirt and bacteria to the face that is causing acne.
If you eat healthily then you will be healthy. Unhealthy foods like oily, greasy, starchy, sugary foods are not only bad for health but also cause acne and ruin the look. So, quit all of the unhealthy food and follow a healthy regular balanced diet.
Water keeps the body and skin hydrated. It also removes impurities, toxins, and acne-causing bacteria. It is necessary to drink enough water to avoid acne and makes the skin healthy.
Good proper sleep is necessary to keep skin healthy & good-looking cause skin repairs itself during sleep. Not taking proper rest can cause dark circles, dull skin, blemishes, etc. that are why always take 6 8 hours of the same sleep time every day.
what not to do
Do not over-wash your face: Keeping your face clean is a good thing but over-washing is bad for the skin. If you over wash your face, then your skin will produce more oil which makes your acne even worse. Washing the face twice a day is enough. Moisturize your face after washing with an oil-free moisturizer.
Do not touch your face
Do not touch your face often. Every time you touch your face, you transfer dirt & bacteria directly from hand to face which causes acne, breakout, irritation, scarring, etc. Always clean your hands properly before touch your face.
Do not squeeze or pop the Acne.
never squeeze, pop, or pick your acne. It will spread the infection, causing further pimples, increase redness, give you a deep scar; in sort, it will make things worse. Do not even touch your acne except while applying the treatment.
Do not scrub your face
Scrubbing is an excellent way to clean up, but for acne-prone skins, it is a wrong choice. Scrubbing makes acne worse and causes redness & inflammation. Therefore, it is good to avoid scrubbing on the acne face.
Don’t sun expose
UV rays are damaging the skin badly especially for acne-prone skin. It makes acne worse so always wear sunscreen, at least, SPF 30 or more before stepping outside whatever the weather is sunshine or cloudy.
Don’t eat dairy products
Don’t eat any kind of dairy products i.e. milk, butter, cheese, ice cream, milkshake, etc. Strange but true, dairy products are causing acne & blemishes. Skip dairy products for a few weeks and you will notice the change. Do not smoke ever: We all know how much smoking is bad for health, and it is extremely harmful to the skin. Nicotine is responsible for acne; breakout, blemishes, etc. so do not smoke even if you want to get clear & healthy skin.
Do not experiment on your face with different products
Never test on your face by using different products. If you use cheap chemical products or without knowing the ingredient of a product, it can damage your skin and be causing acne, blemishes, breakout, irritation, etc. so always pick those products, which are suitable for your skin type.
Don’t sleep while your makeup on
No matter how tired you are but always wash off your makeup before sleeping. It is bad for the skin when you sleep with your makeup on; it causes acne, blemishes, break out, etc. So always wash your makeup before going to your bed.
One solution for acne pimple blackheads
Steaming your face to prevent acne is one of the best beauty tips to follow at any time of the year. If you are prone to pimples and other skin problems, steaming the face has a lot of benefits. Not only Acne and Pimples, but steaming bits of help in lightening the acne scars it also removes tan by improving the texture and complexion wrinkles, blackheads, whiteheads, and Insomnia.
How to do the Face Streaming: The Procedure
1. Wash your face properly with clear water (don’t use soap)
2. When done, pat dry.
3. Take the pan and boil some water.
4. While the water boils, add a few drops of herbal or essential oil to the spot.
5. Dip your head in the bowl of water.
6. Cover your head with a towel and breathe in slowly.
7. Make sure you stay under the towel for only 10 minutes and not more.
8. Post steaming, wipe your face dry using a soft towel or tissue paper.
9. If your skin is not too sensitive, use a rough towel to remove the whiteheads and blackheads.
10. Do this ONLY 3-5 times a week.
11.over steaming will dry out your face and can cause more breakouts.