a lot of women suffer from acne during pregnancy. it is usually common between the first and second and trimesters. Due to the increase of hormones which is called androgens may cause the glands in the skin to grow and produce more sebum, An oily wax substance This oil may clog skin pores resulting in the bacteria inflammation and acne breakouts.
Females who are at risk of a break during their menstrual cycle are at greater risk of pregnancy acne, according to the march of dimes. pregnancy and postpartum acne are temporary. it gets clear after your hormones become normal. To reduce the acne spots and its acne-causing bacteria we have listed some effective home remedies you can try anyone at a time. kindly note none of the remedies will work at first use you have to use multiple times.
When you are pregnant you should not take any medicine for acne treatment this can be dangerous for you and your baby always talk to your doctor if you want to use any medication.
Causes of Pregnancy acne
There are many causes of pregnancy acne to find out you can go for a medical test for vitamins deficiency we have listed some causes here.
- Low zinc
- Vitamin C deficiency
- Excess oil productions
- hormonal disbalance
- Certain medicines
- Poor diet
- Greasy foods
Vitamin C deficiency
Proper vitamin C in our body is important. Vitamin C helps to keep the skin elastic and clear from acne. According to a medical study done about acne, a woman who had acne was found that she had a low intake of vitamins A and C. after she increased Vitamin C it is found that the growth of acne slowed down and dark spots were less. Orange fruit has a good amount of Vitamin C, other fruits are leafy greens, Brussels, broccoli, kiwi.
How to prevent pregnancy acne
- Do not scratch, squeeze acne
- Take a regular bath and keep your body and face clean
- Shampoo regularly
- Eat Fresh fruits and dry fruits regularly.
- Take enough rest and relax.
- Keep your hair clean.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes.
- Wash your face 2 times a day.
- Drink enough water daily atleast 8 glasses.
- Avoid unnecessary touching your skin.
- Avoid Makeup while you have acne.
- Always consult your doctor before using any skincare products
- Salicylic acid and vitamin A contain cosmetics or products that may not be safe for use during pregnancy.
- Change your pillow regularly.
- Clean your face after coming from outside
Now lets read about acne during pregnancy home remedies
Coconut oil for pregnancy acne
Coconut oil has antifungal antibacterial, fatty acids with potent medicinal properties.
Coconut oil is high in lauric acid, which eliminates acne-causing bacteria.
how to use?
There are two options to use coconut oil to eat it regularly buy cooking food with coconut oil or apply oil to the skin.
- Buy organic coconut oil
- Apply oil to the affected area
- gently massage for 3 minutes
- leave for the whole night
- Save your eyes from oil if it goes in your eye it may cause irritation
Castor and jojoba oil for pregnancy acne
Castor oil and jojoba oil contains anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and fatty acids properties both oil help to reduce acne and dark spots. Castor oil is widely used in the United States, China, India south America. According to the Health & safety review for castor oil, castor oil was used in over 100 cosmetic products in 2002. Jojoba oil is widely used in many facial cleansers and skin care creams. This oil helps to reduce many skin conditions such as acne, eczema, rosacea and keep skin clear and calm. medical science suggested that jojoba oil has many benefits for skin issues
How to use it?
- Mix 1 teaspoon castor oil with jojoba oil
- Wash your face
- Clean with a cotton towel
- Apply the mixed oil on your face
- massage gently for 5 minutes
- let it dry for 20 minutes
- wash it with lukewarm water.
- you may see the acne going after 15 to 20 days.
- Stop it when you are satisfied with this home remedy.
Lemon juice for pregnancy acne
It has been found that lemon juice help to offer multiple skin benefits. lemon has vitamin and citric acid which is the good overall health of the skin.
- Reduces oil (sebum) on skin
- Reduces redness on the skin that can help to treat scars as well as acne.
- lemon contains antiseptic properties that can kill acne-causing bacteria.
How to use
- Squeeze one lemon
- Apply to the affected area only
- leave it overnight
- Wash in the morning with lukewarm water
Note: if you have sensitive it may irritate better it is for you to find other remedies.
Side effects of lemon juice
Lemon juice has a high amount of citrus acid, when you use it you may notice the following symptoms or side effects
- It kills good bacteria
- Burning sensation on the skin
Note: Risk are greater if you use lemon juice daily.
Aloe vera gel for pregnancy acne
Aloe vera is a powerful herb that contains antioxidants it has many health benefits for human health. aloe vera is widely used in most countries for skin-related issues.it helps to reduce the acne spots from the face. it provides better nutrients to the skin.
How to use it?
Take one aloe vera leaf
- Slice the loaf and remove the gel from it keep it in a clean container
- Wash your face
- Apply the gel directly to your face
- Massage for a few minutes
- Leave the gel for 30 minutes
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat daily for better results.
Turmeric for pregnancy acne
Turmeric contains antiseptic properties it helps to eliminate the infections which cause the acne,
it also helps to improve skin tone and texture. Eating and applying turmeric during pregnancy is found to be Safe, but for pregnant who suffer from bleeding the tendency should turmeric consumption. Consuming turmeric in large amounts is not advice.
How to use on skin?
- Take one teaspoon turmeric
- Take one teasponn honey
- Mix and make a thick paste
- apply this to your face properly in the affected area.
- leave it for 20 minutes
- Wash the face with lukewarm water
- Turmeric will heal your acne and honey will moisturize your skin.
- Repeat every 2 days until you get relief from acne.
Apple cider for pregnancy acne
Apple cider vinegar is an ancient herb used for many health benefits. it is effective for many health issues including skin problems, for pregnant women only Pasteurization apple cider is advised in case if women want to drink it for health benefits. You can read the health benefits of apple cider here. for pregnancy acne, you can use ACV on acne.
How to use it?
- Take one cup of water
- Mix 1 teaspoon apple cider in the cup
- Wash your face with soap
- Take a cotton ball and apply the ACV water on the affected area
- Let it dry for 20 minutes
- Repeat this once a day until you get relief from acne.
- Buy only organic Apple cider vinegar.
Tea tree oil for pregnancy acne
Tea tree is one of the best oil from essential oil. Tea tree oil contains antibacterial and antimicrobial properties which make it effective in natural acne treatment during pregnancy or after pregnancy.
Tea tree is well known for the treatment of various skin conditions such as scars, acne, warts, insect bites, fungal infection it also helps to treat hair nail issues. 
How to use it?
Tea tree oil is highly concentrated you should correct a safe procedure to use better you consult a doctor for safe use. we recommend you do not take a tea tree orally from mouth always apply on the affected area.
Useful links on Medical research about pregnancy acne