Frequent coughing, either productive (producing phlegm) or not
Coughs often accompany colds and other infections and are a reflex action to clear the airways of mucus, foreign bodies, an irritant, or some blockage
A bronchial cough is tight and painful. A sinus infection drips mucus down the throat, producing a cough.
Croupy coughs produce a loud raspy sound, bringing up phlegm with difficulty. A few drops of lobelia herb under the tongue every few minutes will relax the cough muscles and may loosen the mucus. Be sure and drink enough water and other liquids, so the mucus does not become thick.
- Damage to the lung tissues, caused by pneumonia, can result in a chronic cough.
- While on the subject of coughs, there are two other kinds of a cough:
- Lung cancer or tumors can produce a mild cough, which gradually becomes worse, possibly accompanied by blood.
- Then there is smoker’s cough.
- Lung cancer may follow unless the tobacco is thrown away.
- If there is any suspicion of tuberculosis, read that article.
- Types of a cough